- Australian Privacy Principles
- Collection and security of your personal information
- Use and disclosure of your personal information
- Access to your personal information
- How to contact us
- Internet privacy.
Australian Privacy Principles
As an Australian organisation, we are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”) under the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1998 (“Privacy Act”). Jessica Wallrock Pty Ltd is committed to the protection of your personal information.
This policy describes how we manage and handle personal information following the APPs. The APPs and this policy do not apply to our acts and practices as they relate to information about our current or former employees and their employment relationship with us.
The expression “personal information” refers to information or opinion, accurate or inaccurate, whether recorded in material form or not, that concerns an identified or reasonably identifiable individual.
Collection and security of your personal information
Personal information collected about our prospective customers, customers, agents, dealers, contractors, suppliers, service providers and employees allows us to conduct our business and provide a superior level of customer service.
The type of personal information collected at any time is dependent on your interactions with us, and may include – but is not limited to – names, contact details and location. For example, we obtain your personal information when you purchase products or send us an email, and possibly when you visit our website.
We take all reasonable efforts to ensure collected personal information comes directly from you, to ensure that you are knowledgeable of the purposes for which we are collecting your data, either at or before the time of collection. We will collect your personal information directly when it is reasonable and practicable to do so. If you do not provide the particular information we request, we may not be able to offer our services to you, or our level of service provision may not be of a superior nature, that we strive to provide.
Concerning security, we will exercise all reasonable and necessary steps to ensure that:
- Any personal information collected, used or disclosed is stored in a secure environment accessed only by authorised persons.
- Any personal information is destroyed or de-identified when it is no longer needed or for legal requirements.
- Any paper files, letters and any other hard copy documents containing personal information that is no longer required is disposed of appropriately and securely.
- We will delete all stored electronic data that is no longer needed from our systems. Users should be aware of residual risk in transmitting any data electronically. This risk is inherent in all Internet dealings.
Use and disclosure of your personal information
Your personal information provided to us during your interactions on this website, and in other communications, is used to provide you with helpful service for the supply of our products and services. For example, we gather information from your use of this website to enable us to provide more personalised goods and services tailored to your needs.
We will never sell, trade or provide your personal information without your prior consent. We only use and disclose your information for the purposes for which you provided us with that information. Third party service providers who assist us in our business operations, professional advisors, government and regulatory agencies may require that we disclose personal information about you for the purposes provided under the terms of the law at the time.
We may use, or allow our dealers to utilise, your personal information for the purposes of promoting our services. You may ask us not to use your information in this way.
Wallrocks may also use and/or disclose your personal information for a “secondary purpose” other than the main purpose for which you gave us the information (“primary purpose”) where:
- It would be reasonable to expect us to use or disclose the personal information for that secondary purpose, where such a secondary purpose is related to the primary purpose (and directly related in the case of sensitive information);
- Consent was provided by you for your personal information to be used or disclosed for the secondary purpose.
- The use or disclosure is deemed necessary to prevent a threat to life or health;
- Unlawful activity is or has been presumed or engaged in.
- The disclosure is authorised by law or believed reasonably necessary to administer the law.
Your personal information may be disclosed to third-party service providers who are based overseas, for the purposes set out above.
Access to your personal information
All reasonable measures will be taken to ensure that any information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You can contact us if your details change or if you believe the information we have about you is inaccurate or incomplete.
On request, we will endeavour to provide you with a reasonable opportunity to access your personal information. You can request updates, corrections or de-identification within a reasonable time frame. Fees may apply to such access (but not to the making of the request).
In some circumstances, we may be permitted to refuse access to or correction of your personal information. If this occurs, we will provide you with a written response (unless it would be unreasonable to give such reasons) and if required, advise you of your right to complain. Examples of such exceptions include, nut are not limited to:
- Where providing access could pose a serious threat to the life or health or any individual;
- Where providing access could pose an unreasonable impact on the privacy of an individual;
- Where your request for access is trivial or vexatious;
- Where the information relates to existing legal proceedings between Wallrocks and you and the information would not be discoverable in the process of those legal proceedings; or
- Where providing access would be unlawful, may prejudice an investigation of possible criminal activity, may prejudice enforcement of laws, or denying access is expressly authorised by law.
How to contact us
If you have an access request, questions or complaints about the manner in which your personal information has been collected or handled by us, please visit Wallrocks’ Contact Us page on this website.
This section further explains the management of personal information collected through your use of the Wallrocks website.
When you use this website our Internet Service Provider (ISP) may make a record of your visit. The ISP may log the date, time and duration of your visit, your server address and domain name, pages and documents accessed, the previous site you had accessed (the referring URL) and the type of browser you are using. Wallrocks will not make any attempt to identify users according to their browsing activity. This information is collected for statistical purposes only.
Your ISP may also be logging your activity while you visit our site. This is clearly beyond the control of Wallrocks.
In the event of an investigation, any law enforcement agency or government bureau may exercise its legal right to inspect our ISP’s logs.
While you are visiting our site, cookies may be used to facilitate a more personalised web browsing experience. Except where you volunteer personal or business information we will not procure information about you via any alternative means while you visit our site.
The Wallrocks website contains links to sites of third party providers of goods and services. These websites should include their own privacy statements and Wallrocks is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of any websites linked to or accessed from this website.
Changes to this Statement